Word 2016: Core Document Creation, Collaboration, and Communication
Course code: MSOFW1
Duration: 16 Hours
This course educates the students about the correct application of the principle features of Word 2016 by creating, editing and sharing documents for a variety of purposes and situations. Document examples include professional-looking reports, multi-column newsletters, resumes, and business correspondence.
This course will also prepare the students for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam 77-725: Word 2016: Core Document Creation, Collaboration, and Communication.
AudienceThis course is intended for end-users of Microsoft Office applications.
Individuals who are interested in taking exam 77-725: Word 2016: Core Document Creation, Collaboration, and Communication, can also attend this course.
ObjectiveAfter completing this course, students will be able to:
- create, format, share, and print a wide variety of documents in Word 2016
- create new documents from templates and scratch, formatting text and pages, working with headers and footers, using themes and styles, adding multimedia, etc.
- how to share documents with others and enhance your productivity with macros.
Module1: Create and manage documents
- Create a document
- Create a blank document, create a blank document using a template, open a PDF in Word for editing, insert text from a file or external source
- Navigate through a document
- Search for text, insert hyperlinks, create bookmarks, move to a specific location or object in a document
- Format a document
- Modify page setup, apply document themes, apply document style sets, insert headers and footers, insert page numbers, format page background elements
- Customize options and views for documents
- Change document views, customize views by using zoom settings, customize the Quick Access Toolbar, split the window, add document properties, show or hide formatting symbols
- Print and save documents
- Modify print settings, save documents in alternative file formats, print all or part of a document, inspect a document for hidden properties or personal information, inspect a document for accessibility issues, inspect a document for compatibility issues
Module 2: Format text, paragraphs and sections
- Insert text and paragraphs
- Find and replace text; cut, copy, and paste text; replace text by using AutoCorrect; insert special characters
- Format text and paragraphs
- Apply font formatting, apply formatting by using Format Painter, set line and paragraph spacing and indentation, clear formatting, apply a text highlight color to text selections, apply built-in styles to text, change text to WordArt
- Order and group text and paragraphs
- Format text in multiple columns; insert page, section, or column breaks; change page setup options for a section
Module 3: Create tables and lists
- Create a table
- Convert text to tables, convert tables to text, create a table by specifying rows and columns, apply table styles
- Modify a table
- Sort table data; configure cell margins and spacing; merge and split cells; resize tables, rows, and columns; split tables; configure a repeating row header
- Create and modify a list
- Create a numbered or bulleted list, change bullet characters or number formats for a list level, define a custom bullet character or number format, increase or decrease list levels, restart or continue list numbering, set starting number value
Module 4: Create and manage references
- Create and manage reference markers
- Insert footnotes and endnotes, modify footnote and endnote properties, create bibliography citation sources, modify bibliography citation sources, insert citations for bibliographies, insert figure and table captions, modify caption properties
- Create and manage simple references
- Insert a standard table of contents, update a table of contents, insert a cover page
Module 5: Insert and format graphic elements
- Insert graphic elements
- Insert shapes, insert pictures, insert a screen shot or screen clipping, insert text boxes
- Format graphic elements
- Apply artistic effects, apply picture effects, remove picture backgrounds, format objects, apply a picture style, wrap text around objects, position objects, add alternative text to objects for accessibility
- Insert and format SmartArt graphics
- Create a SmartArt graphic, format a SmartArt graphic, modify SmartArt graphic content